Yamaguchi backs firing of PM secretary’s comments on gender minorities
February 6 , 2023On February 5, Komeito Chief Representative Natsuo Yamaguchi told reporters that Prime Minister Fumio Kishida’s firing of his executive secretary, Masayoshi Arai, after the latter was quoted by the media making highly derogatory remarks against LGBTQs. Yamaguchi said the firing was to be expected, urging Kishida to speak directly with representatives of the LGBTQ community and make clear the Kishida administration’s commitment to building a society that embraces diversity and inclusivity. Yamaguchi added that the law must be changed to accept same-sex marriages.
- Komeito: More transparency to maximize budgetary efficacy
- Komeito founder issues “no first use” of nuclear weapons
- Komeito holds online meeting with member of international nuclear-abolition group
- Komeito results for latest local election contest
- Editorial: Protecting citizens through defense-only strategy
- Komeito issues plan to provide comprehensive support for children