Komeito to seek more aid for Ukrainian reconstruction
January 19 , 2023
In their meeting, the delegates from Ukraine requested Japanese government assistance to rebuild the country’s infrastructure heavily damaged by Russian drone attacks and to help prepare for its reconstruction effort. One of the principal concerns, the delegates said, was to remove and dispose of Russian landmines, which are already disrupting the resumption of normal daily life of local citizens.
Taniai said Komeito would actively push the Japanese government to provide Ukraine with advanced demining systems, while develop specific initiatives to jumpstart the reconstruction of the country.
- Yamaguchi meets with outgoing Chinese ambassador to Japan
- Komeito team visits Utoro district in Kyoto
- Yamaguchi meets with LGBTI+ representatives
- Yamaguchi meets with US state department special envoy for LGBTI+ rights
- Yamaguchi calls for rapid aid to Turkey, Syria
- Yamaguchi backs firing of PM secretary’s comments on gender minorities